1. Work Boots or hiking Boots. NO FLIP FLOPS, SANDALS, OR OPEN TOE SOFT SHOE.
2. Long Pants ( Tuck into socks)
3. Long sleeve shirt (light color best)
5. Hard Hat is required when collecting in an active quarry or mine.
6. Eye protection Always
WHAT TO BRING
1. Crack hammer (3 or 4 Lb)
2. Variety of chisels 1” by 12” long, ½” by 8” long ( you will have a collection of these as your needs require)
3. A backpack or bucket to carry your tools and rocks
4. news paper to wrap the good rocks
5. pen and paper to write notes
Reminder: Rocks are heavy it does not take many to add up the poundage.
Also bring Bug Repellant, Sun Block, and water.
Saturday, October 15, 2022 10 AM
Date: Saturday, October 15, 2022
Time: 10 am
This is a members only - Special Event
Having a dig in lieu of a meeting what
could be better than that!
Mark your Calendars!
Sterling Hill Mine,
This special event will take place on Satur-
day, October 15th with a rain date of Sunday, October 16th. There will be no meeting Friday,
The dig will start at 10:00 AM followed by
lunch. You may want to bring a lunch, they do
serve hot dogs and chips etc. at the lunchroom at
You can participate in the dig without going on
the tour and vice versa. However, we do need 15
people for the tour. For all those who are inter-
ested in attending the tour, please contact Gary
Kerstanski. His contact email is on the last page
of this newsletter.
The fees involved are:
• Tour Costs:
• Adult 13 - 64 $ 13.00
• Senior 65+ $ 12.00
• Child 4 - 12 $ 10.00
• Dig Costs:
• Per Person $ 5.00
• Per lb rock $ 2.00
(With a 5 lb minimum)
For more information, check out the web-
site at: sterlinghillminingmuseum.org
30 Plant Street
Ogdensburg, NJ 07439