Orange County Mineral Society
FIELD TRIP, WHAT TO WEAR
1. Work Boots or hiking Boots. NO FLIP FLOPS, SANDALS, OR OPEN TOE SOFT SHOE.
2. Long Pants ( Tuck into socks)
3. Long sleeve shirt (light color best)
5. Hard Hat is required when collecting in an active quarry or mine.
6. Eye protection Always
What to bring
1. Crack hammer ( 3 or 4 Lb
2. Variety of chisels 1” by 12” long, ½” by 8” long
( you will have a collection of these as your needs require)
3. A pack or bucket to carry your tools and rocks
4. news paper to wrap the good rocks
5. pen and paper to write notes
Reminder: Rocks are heavy it does not take many to add up the poundage.
Also bring Bug Repellant, Sun Block, Water
Black Spinel Octahedrons from
Amity, Orange County, New York.
Field Trip pictures
Annual Mineral Jewelry Gem Fossil Show June 2-3, 2018
Monroe Museum Village
The field trip is for members only.
Our insurance will not cover accidents occurring unless you are a member. It does not take much to join so please consider joining!
Field Trip Saturday May 12th. Meet at Dunkin Donuts 121 Riverside Dr. Fultonville, NY Exit 28 on
NYS Thruway 9am.
We follow Ryan from there to site.
Dress for it. Hiking shoes, safety glasses, rock hammer, water and snacks. From Chester travel time to Dunkin Donuts is approximately 2 hrs 17 minutes.